I started Volantis in September 2017 after my favourite server went offline. Losing my hard work was heart wrenching and I decided it was time to create a server for others to enjoy.
I welcome feedback on the server and will try and implement player suggestions so please feel free to raise a comment on the blog.
Now onto the details:
A custom map which offers a mixture of PVE and PVP playing styles with missions and events to participate in.
- Free Deed and Upkeep
- 7.5x Skill and 8x Actions
- 5 crates of resources upon deeding to build your village (delivered within 24 hours) – limited time offer.
- Level 35 Starting Skills
- Level 30 Starting Tools
- Free Horse for new explorers
- Drake Mounts Available – very fast but rare!
Server Stats: https://wurm-unlimited.com/server/5809/
- 4k x 4k bespoke map
- 40 levels of dirt to rock
- clusters of small and large islands
- Iron Veins are common but other veins are rarer
- Good Infrastructure throughout the map with highways, portals and resting areas
- Comprehensive Training Ground for New Players
Events and Challenges:
- Battle Arena to fight waves of monsters based on skill level
- Game of Thrones style missions. Resurrect Viserion to face the final battle and claim your dragon mount.
- Vampire vs Vampire Hunter – see below
All new players will enter the Training Grounds however, you have the option to skip the scenario
The training grounds gives a guided tour of the game, teaching new members skills in Digging, Mining, Chopping Trees, Fighting and Crafting.
The Landscape and Resting Areas:
Volantis has a smooth terrain and rock can be found 40 digs below any surface.
The sandy coastlines make for a perfect harbour but beware of the scorpions!
The map has good infrastructure with roads and portals around the map. Travellers will find places to rest and trade throughout the map:
Game of Thrones Campaign – Castle Black:
The GoT Campaign is being expanded but the objective is to travel beyond the wall, a PvP Roleplaying style zone, defeat the whitewalkers and battle Viserion to win a dragon mount.
The battle arena offers 5 levels, each of increasing difficulty, which summons waves of monsters for you to battle.
There are currently two arenas:
- Basic: (1) Wolf, (2) Cave Bug, (3) Large Rat, (4) Scorpion, (5) Bear.
- Intermediate: (1) Brown Bear, (2) Scorpion, (3) Crocodile, (4) Fire Fiend and (5) Troll.
To activate a battle, examine either the Basic or Intermediate level signs.
The Battle Arenas can be found in Kingslanding near the castle.
Please note – there is a 20minute cooldown period after completion of the Arena.
The Crypt of Vampires:
Ever fancied becoming a Vampire or Vampire Hunter? You will benefit from increased skill gains in exchange for the risk of being bitten / staked!
This is essentially PVP but without the risk of your buildings being destroyed (if built in the PVE zone).